This course is designed to give an understanding of the features and components of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications (SLES for SAP) . The course provides an overview of the differences between standard SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and the SUSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Applications release. It includes coverage of High Availability solutions for SAP deployments, how to plan for the installation of SLES for SAP, how to use the custom installation features and how to secure a SLES for SAP system.
Attendees should have knowledge of SLES equivalent to the SCA in Enterprise Linux level. A high level understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension or general High Availability concepts would be beneficial. This course does not require any specific SAP product knowledge.Delivery Method: Classroom
Course Duration: 2 days
Course Level: Intermediate
Attendees will be taught the following concepts and skills:
- What is SLES for SAP?
- High Availability Extension with SLES for SAP
- Planning and Installation for SLES in the SAP landscape
- Securing a SLES for SAP System
SLES administrators tasked with administering systems running SAP and SAP experts wishing to understand the underlying platform.
- Section 1: Overview of SLES for SAP
- What is SLES for SAP Applications?
- SLES for SAP Applications Life Cycle
- SLES Priority Support for SAP Applications
- SUSE Connect Program
- Related SUSE Offerings
- Section 2: Planning for and Installing SLES for SAP
- Installation Media and Software Channels
- SAP Certified Hardware
- SLES for SAP Installation Workflow
- Required Installation Parameters
- Software Patterns
- Kernel Setting and Tuning
- YaST SAP Installation Wizard
- Section 3: High Availability Extension with SLES for SAP
- Overview of High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery Options with SLES for SAP
- Simple Stack Scenario for SAP NetWeaver
- Dual Datacenter Scenario with DRBD Replication
- Section 4: Securing SLES for SAP
- Security Components
- Network Security for SAP
- Minimal OS Package Selection
- Update and Patch Strategies
- Data Encryption
Attendees should have knowledge of SLES equivalent to the SCA in Enterprise Linux high-level understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension or general High Availability concepts would be beneficial. This course does not require any specific SAP product knowledge.