Small Footprint. Powerful Operating SystemJust the right amount of SUSE for Embedded Linux Applications.
For organizations seeking an embedded operating system that can be built into products, SUSE Embedded Linux solutions deliver secure, flexible, and scalable enterprise Linux software and support. Ideal for manufacturers of devices, hardware, and appliances, SUSE Embedded makes it easy to develop, maintain, grow, and manage embedded Linux systems across a wide range of platforms and industries.Embedded system developers will benefit from an optimized system footprint running on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server that provides access to:
- Tools and training that make development and management simple
- Flexible embedded-specific subscription models that keep costs down, lowering total cost of ownership
- Powerful, real-time security with full transparency into code fixes, patches and updates
- World-class support from proven Linux experts throughout a product life cycle
- A dedicated and experienced partner that can maximize the power and flexibility of Linux in order to help organizations succeed
- The adoption of Linux in the embedded operating systems market is projected to grow steadily in the coming years as interconnected devices and systems continue to become more pervasive.
With the ability to easily strip down the operating system, embedded developers are empowered to:
- Install only what is needed
- Configure what is installed
- Enable and protect what is configured
- Securely run what is enabled
The SUSE Embedded subscription and pricing model allows flexibility in agreements in order to align with embedded-specific requirements, while a suite of developer and management tools make it simple to improve efficiency.
SUSE Studio even allows you to build, update, configure and manage your application images through its powerful web-based tool.
JeOS (Just Enough Operating System) is made up of specified packages available through SUSE Linux Enterprise, all embedded solutions are backed by the strength and reliability of enterprise-grade security. SUSE partners and customers can rest assured knowing that highly experienced security experts:
- Engage in continuous monitoring and development
- Receive advance notification of security flaws and risks
- Work closely with the open source community
- Proactively fix vulnerabilities prior to a public bulletin release
- Work to improve security related functionality in SUSE products
- Treat security as a process that never ends
This commitment helps ensure fixes and notifications regarding the most critical security issues are available to SUSE Embedded partners almost immediately, meaning reduced exposure and minimized risk for embedded operating systems, hardware, and product end-users.
The advantages that come with using Linux have made it one of the fastest growing platforms for manufacturers of appliances, hardware, and devices that require embedded systems.
Reap the benefits of having access to the #1 Linux support in the industry backing your embedded applications, and stay focused on innovation and business solutions that drive growth.
- Access to world-class engineering support
- Live updates, upgrades and patching
- Optimized for ARM64 and x86
- KIWI imaging suite for preparing, creating, and deploying images for JeOS
- Hardware and application certifications
- Mixed platform support
- SUSE Studio for building and testing applications
- Proactive alerts
- Subscription Management Tool
- Much more…